Friday, May 25, 2007

I promise to complete my essay soon

I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth. Really, I haven't.

Life has just been busy and I let you know that I started working on an essay regarding my thoughts of the Interview from Hell that I referenced in previous posts.

However, it is one of those essays where I keep moving my text around as I refine my thinking on the issue. It's a bit unwieldy at this point, but it is taking shape. Heck, Jo Rowling gave that interview two years ago, so my reaction isn't exactly timely.

Therefore, I want to make sure that it is reasoned and thoughtful before I post it online. Hopefully it will be completed sometime next week.

In the meantime, I wanted to mention that I happened to discover a wonderful literary blog written by the loquacious Anne Mini. She demonstrates a wealth of knowledge in regards to the publishing industry and how authors will benefit from noticing the nitpicky details that drive agents, editors, contest judges, et al. up the proverbial wall.

I have learned a lot from her and am trying to assimilate the wisdom she has shared with her blog readers.

Until I finish my own post, I recommend those people who are writers check out her blog and start exploring. You can click here or you can always look on the margins of my blog and find the link later on my list of literary websites.

Have a great weekend!

Linda






No comments: