Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12th, Saint Namphaise Day

According to some online Catholic directories, today is the Feast Day in honor of Saint Namphaise.

Of course, with the sheer number of Catholic saints who were canonized over the years, he is not the only saint honored on November 12th. I doubt that there will soon be a movement for cities to hold parades like they do for good old Saint Patrick. Regardless, I shall raise a glass of wine tonight in tribute to my favorite hermit saint. I shall also remember the day that I scrambled around the ruins near the Gouffre de Lantouy that according to legend were once associated with Saint Namphaise.


I have been out of town, but now that I am back I hope to be able to finish my blogging on Paris. There still is so much more that I need to chronicle about my travels while my memory is fresh.

À bientôt!

Linda

No comments: