Sunday, January 28, 2007

Talk Radio - Part II Redux

I found an article by Valerie Connelly confirming most of my advice in my previous post, but she as a radio talk show host goes a bit further.

I had not considered that someone might feel so comfortable in being interviewed by phone that they would multi-task by either working on their computer or washing dishes.

Ohhhhh, I have to agree that unless you want to appear unprofessional you should not have anything in the background going on. Your interview should be your sole focus for that period of time as well as making yourself and your host look good.

Her article was also cross posted on Ezine articles.

3 comments:

Holly Kennedy said...

Thanks again for the info, and for mentioning me in your earlier blog. P.S. Congrats on the above request for submission! One never knows when good luck will be tossed our way, huh?

ORION said...

I got waylaid! I really liked your last few posts. Very informative and thanks for the mention!
*smile*

Linda C. McCabe said...

Holly and Patricia,
I'm glad you liked my posts. I'm trying to put forth any wisdom that I've accumulated over the years belonging to writers clubs and from other sources in my life.

BTW, Valerie told me in an email that she is booking authors for March - June. I don't have a book to plug just yet, but I shall keep that venue in mind in the future. One other nice feature is the interviews are archived online.

You can check them out here:
http://www.globaltalkradio.com/shows/callingallauthors/

I haven't listened to any yet, but that's only due to not having had time yet.

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

Linda